Building 4B Commercial Bank
To create one of Prague’s greenest buildings, we kept this bank HQ’s construction in the black.
Gleeds was appointed to deliver construction of the new administrative and operational building for the ‘Komercni banka’, in Stodůlky, Prague.
We provided a range of services to help our client control costs during creation of one of the city’s first developments with a BREEAM® certificate for low environmental impact.
Cutting the environmental cost
Our team played an important role in delivering a distinctive, new office block whose energy costs will be around one quarter to one half that of a similar-sized ‘normal’ building.
The building is an energy efficient, environmentally friendly and sustainable structure with low environmental impacts. It is one of the first in Prague to achieve BREEAM® ‘Very Good’ status.
We helped create:
- Modern A-class office area of 16,000m2 with capacity for 1,300 staff
- Total gross floor area of around 30,000m2 spread over 6 floors
- 3 underground floors with parking lots, technical operations and a central archive
- A canteen, relaxation zones, storage areas and a bank branch
place was awarded to this building at the Best of Realty Awards 2013, Commercial category.
Saving time and money
We delivered construction on time and on budget thanks to our responsibilities that included:
- An intensive due diligence process prior to construction
- Project monitoring of building construction carried out by a developer
- Managing all fit-out works required by the client
- Technical supervision on site
- Technical and cost advisory services for the bank, including the tender assessment
Moving to a new building in Stodůlky allows us to reduce the number of currently used buildings from 11 to four. Throughout the process, we involved our employees, for whom migration is a big change. In addition to the survey and active communication, they helped with the selection of interior decoration and colour tuning of each zone. Our employees’ comfort and satisfaction is crucial for us Petr Kalina, Executive Director, Support Services KB