Alan has been a Chartered Surveyor for more than 25 years and has spent the last two decades managing a team of dedicated professionals to successfully deliver over £2bn of construction work.
Alan’s previous company merged with Gleeds in 2009 and he now currently leads the business in Scotland. He has advised on some of the largest developments ever delivered in Scotland, providing retail, commercial and residential space primarily throughout the conurbations of the central belt.
His clients include: Land Securities, British Land, Standard Life, Royal Bank, Cala Group, City of Edinburgh Council, Henderson Global Investors, Hermes and Marks & Spencer.
Alan’s recent project experience includes:
- Royal Bank new headquarters – Two phase 400,000ft² office development in South Gyle, Edinburgh
- Waverly Court – 220,000ft² office development in Edinburgh
- Standard Life headquarters – 450,000ft² office development in Lothian Road, Edinburgh
- Canniesburn – Contruction of 215 high-end apartments in Bearsden, Glasgow
- Eurocentral – Development of 1m ft² of industrial space
- Hillington Park – Mixed-use office and industrial space in Glasgow